Common Heater Problems That Need Professional Repair
We don’t usually mind our home heating systems when the weather is warm. However, it can be quite inconvenient to have a heater breakdown during the fall and winter seasons. It is only right to always maintain your heating systems regardless of the weather. This is to avoid any problems during the cold season.
Learning about common heater problems will allow you to be more proactive in taking care of your home heating systems and knowing how to go about getting them fixed. We’ve listed common heater problems for you to be aware of.
- Your heater doesn’t heat at all: A heater that doesn’t produce enough heat could be caused by clogged filters. It could also be caused by the heater not getting enough power. However, you may also want to look at the size of the space you are heating. A larger space always requires a more powerful heater.
- Your heater is experiencing cycling problems: Clogged filters in home heating systems can cause a lot of issues. One example would be your heating system turning on and off by itself. This can also indicate a problem with the thermostat setting or improper airflow.
- Your home heating system’s filter is dirty: A clogged filter is the end-result of a dirty filter. However, a dirty filter by itself can already cause home heating system issues. Usually, a dirty filter will cause a heating system’s limit switch to malfunction. When your burner reaches a certain temperature, the limit switch senses this and turns on your heating system’s blower. Your heating system then starts producing heat for your home. A faulty limit switch won’t be able to tell when to turn the blower on or off. In addition, it won’t be able to tell when to turn the burner off which can be a serious fire hazard.
- You have a malfunctioning thermostat: Your heating system’s thermostat is the device that allows you to control and set your heating system to heat your home at a certain temperature. You won’t be able to control your heating system or even turn it on in the first with a faulty thermostat.
- Your heating system’s ignition is faulty: A home heating system has a burner that allows heat to be produced. Just like any other burner, it needs ignition. A faulty ignition won’t be able to let your burner go to work. This can be caused by clogs the same as the ones that cause filter problems.
Appliances usually inevitably break down due to regular wear and tear. However, the lack of maintenance will also cause problems. It is always wise to regularly have your home heating system checked to avoid unnecessary troubles. In instances where your home heating system does break down, immediately look for a specialist that can provide you with heater repair in Noblesville, IN. There are providers of heating repair services in Carmel, IN and in other parts of the US. We here at Dutch Heating and Cooling can conveniently provide you the kind of furnace service in Noblesville, IN you need. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at (317) 399-7839 to have your home heating systems fixed right away.