As summer approaches, we all know how important it is to keep our air conditioning units running smoothly. After all, an AC unit breakdown can be a nightmare, especially during the hot summer months. This blog will share expert advice on keeping your AC running longer. Whether scheduling regular AC tune-ups or taking simple steps to maintain your unit, our tips can help you avoid costly AC repairs or replacements. At Dutch Heating and Cooling, we specialize in AC repair in Fishers and other AC services. Contact us today to learn how we can help you keep your AC running smoothly.
Expert Tips for Keeping Your AC Running Efficiently
Here are five pro tips for maintaining an efficient AC system:
- Change your air filters regularly: One of the easiest things you can do to ensure that your AC unit runs efficiently is to change the air filters regularly. Air filters trap dirt, dust, and other debris that can clog up your AC system, reducing its functionality and causing it to work harder than it needs to. Changing the air filters at least once every three months can help your AC unit run smoother and more efficiently.
- Schedule regular AC tune-ups: Another essential step to keeping your AC unit running longer is to schedule regular tune-ups. Regular AC tune-ups by professional technicians from Dutch Heating and Cooling can help catch any issues beforehand, preventing them from becoming more severe and costly repairs down the line. During an AC tune-up, our technicians will check for leaks, ensure proper refrigerant levels, and inspect the unit’s electrical components. Contact us today for an AC tune-up in Fishers, IN.
- Keep the outdoor unit clean: The outdoor unit of your AC system is exposed to various weather elements, such as dirt, leaves, and debris. This can affect the unit’s efficiency, especially if it is clogged with debris. To prevent this, it is crucial to keep the outdoor unit clean. This can be done by removing any debris that accumulates around the unit, trimming any foliage that may obstruct its airflow, and cleaning the unit’s fins with a soft brush.
- Use a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat is an effective way to ensure your AC unit runs efficiently. Setting the thermostat to the desired temperature at home and adjusting it to a higher temperature when you are away can reduce your energy consumption and save money on energy bills. Programmable thermostats can also help extend the life of your AC unit by reducing the strain on its components.
- Insulate your home: Insulating can help keep cool air inside during the hot summer months, reducing the workload on your AC unit. Additionally, sealing any air leaks in your home can help keep cool air inside, reducing the strain on your AC system. We don’t recommend doing it on your own. Please contact us for assistance with AC installation in Fishers, IN.